Sunday, April 20, 2008

Finally I rested on Sunday

Today is Sunday. I attended 3 meetings/functions and got home at about 4pm. Today I managed to cook dinner for my husband - the first since the election campaign period. To many, this is insignificant but it means so much to me just to be able to do the things I used to do before I became the Ahli Dewan Undangan Negeri (ADUN) for Subang Jaya. As I stood there in my kitchen cutting garlic, I thought of how life used to be for me and how good it is to have time at home (my mind also wandered off to USJ 1 and what other ways we could employ to tackle dengue).

It's been about 40 days since election. Sometimes I feel pressured to meet everyone's expectations of me. Some days I long to have family meals with my dad, mom and siblings. Some days I feel discouraged by the comments made by some. Some days are tough to live by. On other days I feel lifted up by encouragement given by some kind souls. Occasionally I meet some children who are my supporters and they put a smile on my face because they remind me of the cause I'm believing and living for.

I also thought of my late grand dad today. He went home to be with the Lord last September 07. I miss him dearly. I wonder what he would say to me if he knew of me winning the election. I think he would be glad I chose this path.