Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Rotary Club of USJ

I was invited by the Rotary Club of USJ to attend their weekly meeting in the Summit Hotel. Different members briefed me on their annual activities and I was encouraged to hear that they are always ready to serve the community in my constituency and even beyond that. They raised funds for the victims in Myanmar and China. I was told that in a short span of time, they managed to raise more than RM100,000 for these victims.

I was also given the privilege of presenting artificial limbs to a man bound in wheelchair. When assisting him to wear the artificial limbs, I was again reminded of how blessed I am and not to take things for granted in life. Those who are able in society must always take steps to assist those who are less fortunate. I want to see Subang Jaya lead the nation in becoming rich in social welfare.