Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Shop For Your School Campaign

I was at the prize giving ceremony of Shop For Your School Campaign organised by Subang Parade. This annual campaign, a CSR initiative by Subang Parade is meant to benefit schools.

I met students and teachers of various schools in my constituency and had the opportunity to meet a teacher from my primary school. The top prize went to SJK (C) Chee Wen. Here's a photo taken with the teachers of SJK (C) Chee Wen.

I was again inspired by some students of SMK USJ 12 when they came up to me and had a chat about what I used to do in school and how I ended up becoming the state assemblyman for Subang Jaya. I hope to be able to work more with students and to challenge them to not be afraid to stand up for what is right, not to bow down to peer pressure and for their voices to be counted in rebuilding this nation.