Friday, July 11, 2008

Threat of HIV/AIDS

I visited the One Life Revolution Exhibition at Dream Centre today with my team members. This experiential exhibition allows me to walk in the shoes of children with HIV/AIDS.


I walked through the life of a young Cambodian girl affected by HIV. She was forced into child prostitution. When I went through the journey of her life, experiencing a HIV positive stamp on my right hand, I could feel the sense of hopelessness for an AIDS victim. Sitting in the clinic alone, being diagnosed with HIV is quite a distressing experience.

Parents, you need to take your teens to this. You can find out more about it here.

So many children have been victims of sexual abuse, prostitution and etc. We, the adults must do all we can to protect children. They are precious gifts from above.

No comments: