Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What my constituents taught me...

Last weekend, I was invited to the Jiran Wanita Hi-Tea organised by the Kawasan Rukun Tetangga USJ 2 & 6. It was a Merdeka celebration and more than 200 ladies joined the event.
The highlight of the event was the dance. The line dancing group from USJ 11 is a huge group and they danced for hours. Women of different generations gather weekly to dance and have fun together. Prior to this, I've only heard of line dancing from my mom and aunties.
In my speech, I told them that I could not sing or dance. I took singing lessons once and my instructor gave up on me, diagnosing me as being "tone deaf". Despite my honest confession, these residents refused to take my 'No' as an answer and insisted that I danced along with them. Even my husband was dragged into dancing along!
This event connected me with the ladies. My constituents taught me how to dance and how to just run, skip and have fun. I learned much from them that day. Thank you ladies!

1 comment:

Baby said...

LINE dance is fun..