Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year from Orlando!

I spent the last 3 days in Orlando, Florida studying the transition of power at the local level. I had the opportunity to meet 2 mayors, one special assistant to the Congressman and the assistant of a City Manager. We were also treated to a post-inauguration celebration by the local Democrats supporters. I think the people of Orlando are very blessed to have beautiful vivid colours in their sky especially during sunset.

At the office of the city of Altamonte Springs

Sunset

Sunset

At the park with Jin, Eric and Chin of Central Florida Malaysians

When I arrived in Orlando, Central Florida Malaysians contacted me after reading from my blog about my trip here. 5 of their members took me out today to Dr. Phillips Community Park at Buenavista Woods Blvd for an afternoon snack and chat. When they heard that I had to spend my Chinese New Year reunion dinner by myself, they treated me to a lovely meal at Walt Disney World. They made me feel very at home in Orlando - thank you so much gentlemen for your kind hospitality! I feel honored that there are people from this side of the world who are reading my blog and before we said goodbye, they encouraged me to persevere in my pursuit of good governance and bringing change to Malaysia.

I managed to call home, spoke briefly to Ram, my mom and dad as they were having our annual family reunion dinner and I am looking forward to coming home soon. Our next stop would be Raleigh, North Carolina to learn more of the transition of power there. To all residents of Subang Jaya, supporters and readers who are celebrating Chinese New Year - HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR AND HAVE A JOYOUS CELEBRATION WITH YOUR LOVED ONES. FOR THOSE WHO ARE TRAVELLING, DRIVE SAFELY!

14 comments:

lan said...

you must be having a great time there from DC to Florida and to NC.. have fun n take care... hope you come back with a higher spirit to serve the people

hmatter said...

Hi Hannah,

GONG XI FA CAI.

Seasons greetings to you and all your loved ones too. We all wish you good health and a successful legal and political career.

Subangjayafan said...

Wow, what a picturesque scenery of the sunset!

You feel very at home in Orlando? Eh, don't you feel homesick? We are looking forward to your coming home. Have a safe & pleasant flight.

Happy Chinese New Year.

Darick said...

d nation were glad & proud to see u being healthy & happy there !
Happy CNY & GXFC to u & ur family !

zack said...

Gong Xi Fa Chai to you and your family. May we bless with health and prosperity. Adli and Family

Yeahwho said...

Dear Hannah,

I am keen follower of your blog and is currently back from Abu Dhabi UAE for the CNY holidays.I really admire the way you run your constituency with full sincerity and transparency.How I wish other YB will follow your example for the betterment of our beloved country.
Enjoy your trip over there and have a pleasant journey back home.Malaysia is eagerly waiting for you.Gong Xi Fa Cai.

kiwiboy88 said...

All the best with your travels and have a great Year of the Ox. We in Subang Jaya are privileged to have you amongst us. What it takes is for all to play our part in changing the hierarchical reliance on those above. The points on complaint mechanisms hit right "on the nail". Enjoy the learning in the chilly climes. Stephen SS 18/5A

keith khoo said...

Dear YB Hannah,

Keong Hee Huat Chai 2 U and your family...Happy to see that you are enjoying yourself and sad to know that u missed our reunion dinner with your family...

...from all of us in SS17

Melvin Tong said...

Happy blessed Chinese New Year, Hannah! :) Have a safe trip in the States!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, YB Hannah!

I trust that you are inspired by the new President of the United States, Barack Hussein Obama.

P.S. Have you read Nelson Mandela's book "Long Walk to Freedom"?

Phua Kai Lit

MaryElizabeth said...

Hannah

How lovely it was to meet you while you were in Orlando and Altamonte Springs. And now you have pictures of my city around Cranes Roost Lake.

You are so right about our sunsets. They are magnificent and are more so in the cooler weather. I hope you have a good and safe journey home and look forward of bouncing thoughts, ideas and comments back and forth.

sarah.lim said...

Hannah!

The pics are gorgeous! So glad to read you're having a good time there. Come back and tell us more about it. Miss you!

Chin Keng said...

How can you be so tolerant of the democratic party? Their values and principles are not things that I hope will come to Subang Jaya or Malaysia?

Bert Engel said...

I hope S'gor PR govt holds on despite all the rumours of "Perak Part 2" happening there!
All the best hannah.
tc