Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Selangor Chinese New Year Open House

Last weekend I was with the Kawasan Rukun Tetangga of USJ 2 & 6 celebrating the Joy of Combined Festivals at the Summit USJ mall. The underprivileged, orphans and residents from drugs rehabilitation home were invited to be part of the Chinese New Year and Thaipusam festivals. A big thank you to the Kawasan Rukun Tetangga of USJ 2 & 6 for organising this successful event. It was celebrated by residents of different races and cultures. For residents in USJ 2 and USJ 6 who would like to participate in your Rukun Tetangga (all residents of a particular Kawasan Rukun Tetangga are automatic members), please email Pn Ramlah at onizukawaki@yahoo.com.sg for further details. Here are some photographs taken on that day:
Presentation of ang pows and gifts to single mothers from Subang Jaya

Some of the orphans pictured here, being feted to lunch

My husband and I together with En Zainal Abidin and his wife Pn Nooraida representing Masjid Al-Mukminun, USJ 2

The Selangor state Chinese New Year Open House, which was organized by MPSJ was a resounding success, attended by thousands of people at Bandar Sunway. Many were excited to simply meet our YAB Dato' Menteri Besar Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim and his EXCO members. It ended with a bang, literally, with an excellent fireworks display from the rooftop of Sunway Pyramid.

The crowd in front of the stage

A section of the crowd

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear YB,

Every time I visit your blog there are pictures of inclusion, multi-cultural harmony and muhibbah.

Keep up the wonderful work and hope i nspite of the trying moments, there are enough cheer to keep you motivated and going.

God sped and bless.

I bought my house in the wrong area and I am going to kill my housing agent.

Regards
Lee Wee Tak

Covert_Operations'78 said...

YB Hannah, we met again at the open house in Sunway. I first met you at the DAP ceramahs before the 2008 G. Elections. It made all of us feel good to know that we made the right choice in electing you -- you've made so many positive changes and improvements in such a short time.

By the way, my friends and I who were at the open house noticed that the disposable tableware was made of biodegradable starch, and I told my friends that we probably have you to thank for it!

Best Regards.

Anonymous said...

Feed us one day we happy, must find ways to feed us long term! How to find food in economic crisis? I no job will PR S'gor gomen fire those useless civil servants to hire others? I promise work hard for you.

Call me 019 - 2344 123

Abudhadi.

Darick said...

Hannah,
it's yet another 'SCARY' event to d corrupted regime racist umno/bn !
hahaha....

keep up ur good work....
Hidup Rakyat ! Hidup PR !

flizzardo said...

any comments on Selangor EXCO scandal , Elizabeth Wong.