In commemoration of the 40th anniversary of the May 13th incident, the office of ADUN Kg Tunku, YB Lau Weng San will hold a public forum entitled “From May 13 to 1Malaysia – The Future of Malaysian Nation Building” on 13th May 2009 (Wednesday), 8.00pm in Civic Hall, MBPJ, Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
Bearing in mind the nation’s difficult past, the objective of this forum is to enable a group of Malaysians from different backgrounds and of different eras to explore together a Malaysian future that will become our common destiny.
Invited speakers include:
1. Y. Bhg Tan Sri Abdullah Ahmad (Former Political Secretary to Tun Abdul Razak)
2. YB Lim Kit Siang (DAP MP for Ipoh Timur)
3. YB Nizar Jamaluddin (PAS MP for Bukit Gantang & Chief Minister of Perak)
4. YB Khalid Abd. Samad (PAS MP for Shah Alam)
5. K. Ragunath (Chairman of Malaysian Bar Council)
6. Chan Nyan Hoi (Retired Judge of Court Of Appeal)
7. Associate Professor Dr. Azmi bin Sharom (Lecturer of UM Faculty of Law)
8. Tricia Yeoh Su-Wern (Research Officer of Selangor Menteri Besar’s Office)
Each panelist will be given 10 minutes to lay out her/his ideal Malaysian future, and the audience will have the opportunity to voice their own versions of “1Malaysia”. The forum will end with each panelist given 10 minutes to wind up her/his speech.
Light refreshments will be served. All are welcome to attend this forum.