Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ramadan joy in Subang Jaya

As blogged earlier, my office gave RM2000 for each mosque and RM1000 for each surau from my annual state constituency allocation to assist them in their month-long buka puasa activities. In addition to that, my office also prepared small packets of dates (buah kurma) as a simple gesture during my visit to a number of mosques and suraus in DUN Subang Jaya. I participated in the buka puasa activities and through these activities, I got to know my Muslim constituents better. Below are some photographs captured during my visits:
At Masjid Darul Ehsan in SS 15

The simple yet delicious food prepared for all

YB Loh Gwo Burne (MP for Kelana Jaya) and my husband, Ram eating together with their Muslim friends

Giving of kurma

At Surau Al Ikhlas in SS 19 together with my husband and committee members of the Surau (this photo - courtesy of SJ Echo)

Giving of kurma to resident group of different races who also participated in the buka puasa event (this photo - courtesy of SJ Echo)

At Masjid Al Mukminun in USJ 2


At Surau Al Muttaqun in USJ 12

At Masjid An Nur in USJ 4

11 comments:

Thomas Lee said...

We need more mature politicians like you -- being all things to all persons, irrespective of colour, creed, culture or class, without compromising personal faith and principles. You have my support and endorsement. God bless you real good.

jennifer said...

Mine, mine! You look so gorgeous in the Malay clothes!

Lee Wee Tak said...

well, Utusan, mana pemberita anda?

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah,

Words cannot describe how pleased I feel when I see you wearing the selendang! Thanks for taking the initiative. You look really sweet!

A selamat hari raya to you too!

En Arip

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah,

Words cannot describe how pleased I feel when I see you wearing the selendang! Thanks for taking the initiative. You look really sweet!

A selamat hari raya to you too!

En Arip

u9 said...

"Words cannot describe how pleased I feel when I see you wearing the selendang!"

Thumb up for listening to constructive commentator advice.

saya anak malaysia! said...

great to have a politician like you!all the best in your political career and life=)

Anonymous said...

Dear YB,

Keep up the good work.God Bles

Anonymous said...

YB,

PAS politician should emulate u,

KBGUY

matjang said...

dear YB...i respest u

anak bangsa malaysia..:-)

Anonymous said...

hey hannah,

howa are you?im actually from BN side..so call..but reading your blog and looking the pictures,i sudenly became one of your biggest fan..i really praise god for bringing politians like you..you've already made the diffrence...i will be praying for you..God bless!!

p/s love the outfit=)


kenneth