Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sejahtera Malaysia

Last Sunday we sang Sejahtera Malaysia in a church. This is the first time I have heard this song after I started my journey in politics. I used to listen to this song on TV when I was a school girl. Back then, these words had no personal meaning to me.

However, as the worship leader began to sing this song and invited the congregation to join in, my tears started flowing as I began singing each line :

SEJAHTERA MALAYSIA

Puji dan syukur pada Ilahi
AnugerahNya tiada terhingga
Kedamaian kemakmuran
Malaysiaku bahagia

Dengan tekad untuk berjaya
Berbakti pada nusa dan bangsa
Kami junjung cita-cita luhur
Perpaduan seluruh negeri

Seia sekata sehati sejiwa
Menghadapi cabaran
Kami sedia kami setia
Berkorban untuk negara

Bersemarak Malaysia tercinta
Kibarkan panji kebesarannya
Kami rela menjaga NamaMu
Sejahtera Malaysia


As Malaysians :

Let's continue to pray and ask God for His blessing upon this nation.

Let's stop complaining and start working.

Let us all contribute in nation building in whatever way we can.

Serving in politics now has taught me the issues we face as a nation. We have to un-do bad practices and learn good ones. Now, this song has come alive for me and the lyrics mean so much. There is hope.

As we approach 31 August 2010, this song will be on my lips. Speak life over this nation. May peace reign over Malaysia.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad that you were so touched. Hope you will be singing it on Sept 16 as well - that's when we really became Malaysia.

UK,US,Aus,NZ said...

Hi Hannah!

We must stop complaining, work towards the betterment of Malaysia and its people.

How I wish I could stand with you, to help in your project. But I am not socially or mentally strong enough and I cannot disappoint my family by coming home after they paid for my education. U will get my every vote as one who executes her duties and executes it with morality, generosity, righteousness and with the people always in front of your eyes.

Malaysia needs many more like you. I hope your example will ensure more Subang-Jaya people go into politics with the same frame of mind (not to make money, step on other people or personal gain).

One day, I hope to return to a better Malaysia.

commentmalaysia said...

I met an orang putih who was in Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong and China in his youth (he is now 60).

He talked of the harmony, gentleness, and togetherness we all have for one another. How we all fit in so well and respect one another. He loves the Beef Rendang so much that he even learnt it and makes it regularly!

Unfortunately, I had to tell him how it is now and, Hannah, I have never seen such a disappointed man in my life.

I remember that Malaysia. It is gone now. We must work hard to bring it back again, for our children.

I love the other malaysia, not this one, and I love the people who are trying to bring the other malaysia back.

Happy Merdeka.

J said...

We sang Negaraku in our church after the GDOP event and prayed for God's blessings on our country and people.

We hope that all Malaysians regardless or race or religion will see each other as fellow-Malaysians and sincerely help each other out.

Anonymous said...

Please ask the committee member in the gated committee to stop giving problem by setting up gate and guard. So many break ins in USJ11 after gated and with CCTV. They are just nuisanse and causing inconvennience and nothing else.

Anonymous said...

Dear Anon 3:33PM,
Many places in Selangor are setting up G&G, the committee members have volunteered their time free. This is all for the security of our community, not for fun. The G&G has reduced the crime rate tremendously. This is the majority decision, just like election of YB, majority win, although it is not 100%. Please give your coorperation.

chong26.

DanLee said...

it would be more appropriate for 16 Sept, Hannah - i know it was unintentional on your part. You must be really tired..

hurricanemax said...

Hannah, there are too few like you. I*tabik*u! I am a homegrown cynic outta tears. I am a convert now to where words are mere words. I am for action speaketh louder...and I am still in love with this country its pimples, warts and corrupted, hypocritical people (esp political leaders) aside.

Anonymous said...

YB - GBU for your love for this country and the future you want to participate to carve out a better Malaysia for the future genearation.
I respect greately the courage of the PKR team esp those who work their sweat out for their firm beliefs and strive for better values for this country.

小P said...

Nice to meet you! I am also a Christian. You can read Chinese? I have written an entry on Sejahtera Malaysia translated into CHinese. I hope you can comment my tranlsaton, is it right and I want a better translation: http://standbyp.blogspot.com/2009/03/sejahtera-malaysia.html