Tuesday, August 24, 2010

In Loving Memory...

On Sunday evening, I received a phone call that my aunty, Suet Fung has suddenly passed away. She was 47. 


Photo taken in 1983 : When I was a child, this aunty of mine loved to dress us up (my sister and I) and we spent a lot of time with her.


My aunty and I in Tasik Titiwangsa in August 1983

 
Happier times, photo taken at my wedding in 2008 : 25 years later, she never really aged.

She was always bubbly and genuinely happy to see me at our annual family reunion. She was always keen to listen to my updates in school, college, university, work, marriage and politics. I knew I could always count on her to share my joys!

Aunty Suet Fung worked her entire life for her parents and siblings. She left us very suddenly. This morning, we bid farewell to her. I have lost one of my great supporters in life and this simple tribute is done in memory of her. She will be missed dearly...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Her lost is sudden but its great to know that she is now in a better place.-Condolence to u and family.

cms said...

Believe... She is now at peace with the Lord.

Anonymous said...

YB Hannah,

Our condolences on the passing of your aunty who is obviously someone very dear to you.

Jeffrey Khoo & Family

Anonymous said...

Yes she is dead, but never the Good memories and it never die together. Just remember the time you have with her.

MagSw88 said...

YB

Condolences to you and family.

Your aunty lived to know you have done well to your family and the society whom she was very much a part of. You did good for her.

As it was sudden, it spared her from prolonged pain and saved her beloved niece like you, seeing her in her weak moments.... instead she left with you, memories of love and support for your social democratic cause.

YB..take your time...We leave to God what we cannot do coz He could do better as He cares.

Like many others, I believe she rest in peace....God keeps her well. Amen

hurricanemax said...

my deepest condolences...She has gone to a better place.

U take care, ok.

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah & family

Our deepest condolences for the loss of your aunty. May you continue to do her proud with the work as you are presently doing.

JLWH & family

Gina Phan said...

Dear Hannah

47 years old -- that's how old I am now. It's too young to leave the family. But God, in His wisdom, wants her by His side.

Still, I know she will be dearly missed. Condolences to you and your family. She will live on in your memories.